It is that time of the year where shopping is kicked into high gear. With the holidays upon us you may have the need to make online and in-store purchases. You need to remain aware and diligent about who you are purchasing goods and services from. Here are some tips to stay ahead of the tricksters:
- Sign up for transaction alerts with CardValet to monitor for unauthorized transactions and to place a hold on your card when not in use.
- Pay attention to emails, links, and websites. Think before you click!
- Use well-known websites for online purchasing.
- Use caution when using websites on social media. Instead, go directly to the website rather than through the social media advertisements.
- Be cautious for skimming or shimming devices when using ATMs or gas pumps.
- Use Credit Union online banking or our mobile app to monitor your activity daily and report any discrepancies immediately.
- Respond to phone calls from our Card Services Call Center AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to catch and stop any further fraudulent activity.
Be sure to see our new Debit Card page for updates on changes to our Debit Card. Happy Shopping!