The holiday’s are upon us which means there is much shopping to do whether you are shopping in the stores or online. Fraudsters seems to come out during the holidays, so here are a few tips on how to be aware:
- Watch when shopping online for those fake or spoofed websites as they may contain malware to capture sensitive member information
- Fraudsters try to use shipping confirmation messages as their hook, so don’t click on anything that is not familiar to you
- Watch for fake emails, social media posts or text message promoting phony charities looking for donations
- Beware of people asking for payment in the form of prepaid cards or gift cards. These types of payment are not typically traceable.
- Ensure your home computer, laptop and mobile device are protected with antivirus software
We encourage you to use our online banking tool to monitor your account on a daily basis and report any discrepancies immediately. Wishing you a SAFE Holiday Season!
Info: Cuna Mutual Group Risk Alert 2018